9520 Richmond Hwy Lorton, VA
We are Hiring –
Food Pantry Assistant Wanted for LCAC
The Food Pantry Assistant works alongside the Director of Nutrition to oversee the operations of the LCAC food pantry.
This is a part-time,25 hr/week position that pays $19/hr. Vacation and partial health insurance are included.
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com by December 4th.
• Assist in the overall management of the food pantry, including assessing, organizing, and labeling inventory
• Receive donated food and ensure it is weighed, logged, and stored appropriately
• Liaise with food support services, local schools, scout troops, faith communities, and other groups to coordinate or request food donation drives, including Scouting for Food.
• Coordinate and pick up food from community food drives.
• Train and supervise volunteers who help in all facets of pantry operations
• Assist at food pantry distributions as needed
• Follow best practices in ensuring the rotation of food so that incoming food is distributed after current stock and food is properly disposed
• Work alongside the Director of Nutrition to ensure adequate food supplies are on hand and that healthy food is purchased or received as needed
• Assist with the scheduling of volunteers and donation drop-offs
• Supervision provided by the Director of Nutrition
• Able to work with minimal supervision, manage workload and schedule to meet deadlines
• Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
• Able to drive an 18’ truck
• Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of individuals including volunteers
• Maintain compassion, sensitivity, warmth and freedom from prejudice for those who seek assistance at LCAC
LCAC provides food, clothing, emergency financial assistance and outreach programs to southeastern Fairfax County.
Mailing Address:LCAC P.O. Box 154, Lorton, Virginia 22199-0154Client Service Location:9520 Richmond Hwy (in the Lorton Community Center)Lorton, Virginia 22079
Monday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.Tuesday: 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.Wednesday: ClosedThursday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.Friday: Closed
Monday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.Wednesday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.Thursday: ClosedFriday: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.Saturday: 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.Sunday: Closed