The impact your gift has right here in Southeast Fairfax County
“I will always be thankful to LCAC for what you do for the community.” – Alice, Single mother of 3
“I cannot thank you enough. Through the years LCAC has fed, clothed and helped my family. You never once turned me away or looked down on me.”
LCAC’s Food & Nutrition Program continues to garner the largest number of requests, with 9,481 unique pantry visits. This past year, LCAC distributed 55,173 bags of food.
LCAC has been feeding families in our community for 43 years!
A few things about those we serve:
- 34% of the families served have senior or disabled household members
- LCAC continues to serve junior enlisted military members and their families
- 83% of the families served have 4 members or less, and makes less than $32,750 per year (200% of the poverty level)
- More than 70% of the families served have children under the age of 18
- More than 1 out of every 2 families served have an unemployed adult in the household