Is your office, club, team or faith community interested in spending some quality time together while serving your community? LCAC needs your help! For more information about group volunteer opportunities, please contact Christen Scott, Director of Volunteers, Christen@LortonAction.org or 703-339-5161, ext. 170.
LCAC relies on over 700 volunteers each year to achieve our mission and your group can play a role in our success!
- Burke Community Church has participated in a variety of activities to benefit LCAC. They have built a canopy over the food pantry, provided over 450 Thanksgiving meals and donated kids’ packs to the pantry–just to name a few! If you have an idea that is not listed below, please discuss your idea with Christen.
Groups at LCAC have:
- Offered a resume writing workshop for clients
- Painted shelves at Lorton’s Attic, LCAC’s Thrift Store
- Shelved food in the food pantry
- Erected a canopy over the food pantry entrance
- Organized a food drive, sorted and delivered the food
- Volunteered at a seasonal outreach
- Organized a warm coat drive, sorted and delivered items
- Purchased Christmas gifts together to donate to LCAC
- Provided backpacks full of school supplies
- Delivered Thanksgiving meals
- Cleaned up the grounds (weeded, planted, raked, etc.)
- Delivered Christmas food and gifts
- Organized Lorton’s Attic storage facility