Lorton’s Attic and LCAC gladly accept donations that are in good working order and clothing that is clean and free of stains or tears. You will receive a tax donation receipt to use for tax purposes. LCAC is unable, according to IRS regulations, to assign a value to any non-cash donation given to LCAC. Please call the store with questions, 703-339-5161, ext. 130 or send an email to Melissa@LortonAction.org.
Donations can be be dropped off at Lorton’s Attic (9506 Richmond Hwy) Monday-Friday 10:00 am-5:00 pm and Saturday 11:00 am-4:00 pm.
- Adult men’s & women’s clothing & shoes
- Boys’ & girls’ clothing & shoes
LCAC ALWAYS WELCOMES DONATIONS OF:
- Artwork and collectibles
- Clothing — clean and gently used
- DVD’s, CD’s and Videos
- Furniture — good condition with no stains, tears or dents — please call ahead before bringing furniture: 703/339-5161, ext. 130. Acceptance of furniture is dependent on floor space and condition of the piece(s).
- Games — fully intact with all pieces
- Housewares — including dishes, glassware,
- utensils and small appliances in good
- working order
- Linens — drapes and tablecloths
- Pictures and frames
- Seasonal decorations
- Shoes — almost new condition
- Sporting goods
- Stereo equipment
- Tools – good working order
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT:
- Automobile Parts or Tires
- Blinds or Shades
- Building or Plumbing Materials
- Car seats
- Clothing that is soiled and torn
- Computers or related equipment
- Cribs with sliding sides
- Firearms, Ammunition and Fireworks
- Furniture that is soiled or broken
- Humidifiers, Vaporizers
- Large Appliances
- Large entertainment centers
- Mattresses & box springs that are stained, torn or from a home with pets or smoking
- Military Uniforms
- Sleep sofas
- Tower computer desks
- Windows, Doors, etc.
For large appliances or other home building or repair items that are in good, working order, consider contacting the Habitat for Humanity ReStore in Alexandria, Virginia.